Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- A good example of how to write a balanced article about Israel. tabletmag.com/jewish-news-an… #Israel #usa #refugees #Zionism 4 hours ago
- Ice machine in Ashland, VA. #icemachines instagram.com/p/sVRMPHoBi3/ 1 day ago
- "I #literatively shit my pants laughing." There is no need to ask what I really mean. Did I shit my pants? Of course not. #previoustweet 1 day ago
- We so need this to become an actual word and fill that chasm b/t 'literally' & 'figuratively.' urbandictionary.com/define.php?ter… #literatively 1 day ago
- I just read my first @NewYorker magazine in years, paper version. As always, the cartoons made it worth the $6.99. And pages are really fun! 1 day ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: April 2010
I have been unofficially appointed “God columnist” for this magazine. Don’t ask me how that happened, because I don’t even believe in it. God, that is. It’s not quite right for me to use gender-specific pronouns when speaking of what, … Continue reading
BlagHag’s Atheist Barbie (ok the no pants thing we can discuss).
I used to play around on ramps like this when I was a tyke. Then gave up skating when I went to college, like so many, and never went back to it. I was even embarrassed by my past as … Continue reading
I’m not even sure I can find the words – without offending almost everyone I know – to describe why this is such a bad idea. “What is so offensive about God?” It’s this kind of question that creates atheists. … Continue reading
No, I haven’t stopped blogging. But I do have a life. Among the many things I manage to pack into the twenty-four measly hours of a day, I translate poetry. Since I’m working on a manuscript, the blog logically goes … Continue reading
…I’m going to now, because this is so damn funny I want everyone I know and don’t know – Democrat, Republican, Dino, Rino – to read it. Spot on, as they say in the UK. Via Tom Bissell. A day … Continue reading
I confess I didn’t realize it was World Homeopathy Awareness Week 2010. The Amazing Randi has the story.
Paul Constant has an enraged plea for excommunication in The Stranger. Constant writes: I demand to be excommunicated because I do not believe women are second-class citizens. I demand to be excommunicated because your missionaries are informing impoverished citizens of … Continue reading
An interesting development in the Babini affair is the content of the monsignor’s retraction. He denies having ever said anything anti-Semitic. “Certain words have been attributed to me which I never said…about my brothers the Jews.” There is fuzziness surrounding … Continue reading
It just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser. After Father Cantalamessa’s embarassing blather about the Church being the victim of anti-Semitism, now it’s Monsignor Babini of Grosseto’s turn to make the Vatican turn red. In an interview with the medieval website … Continue reading