Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- @LeftyBiLatina We just tell them we're Jehovah's Witnesses and they run for cover. 3 hours ago
- This bookshop has changed hands so many times. Good to know it's still there! #romaebraica @ roma centro instagram.com/p/lO9WfOIBu2/ 3 hours ago
- @LeftyBiLatina No here it's just priests knocking on doors asking to come in and shake water on your furniture. 12 hours ago
- RT @ikonografer: "#science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your #ignorance- Neil DeGrasse Tyso… 23 hours ago
- @LeftyBiLatina Funny but here in Italy I never see the ashes like I used to in NYC. 23 hours ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: April 2010
I have been unofficially appointed “God columnist” for this magazine. Don’t ask me how that happened, because I don’t even believe in it. God, that is. It’s not quite right for me to use gender-specific pronouns when speaking of what, … Continue reading
BlagHag’s Atheist Barbie (ok the no pants thing we can discuss).
I used to play around on ramps like this when I was a tyke. Then gave up skating when I went to college, like so many, and never went back to it. I was even embarrassed by my past as … Continue reading
I’m not even sure I can find the words – without offending almost everyone I know – to describe why this is such a bad idea. “What is so offensive about God?” It’s this kind of question that creates atheists. … Continue reading
No, I haven’t stopped blogging. But I do have a life. Among the many things I manage to pack into the twenty-four measly hours of a day, I translate poetry. Since I’m working on a manuscript, the blog logically goes … Continue reading
…I’m going to now, because this is so damn funny I want everyone I know and don’t know – Democrat, Republican, Dino, Rino – to read it. Spot on, as they say in the UK. Via Tom Bissell. A day … Continue reading
I confess I didn’t realize it was World Homeopathy Awareness Week 2010. The Amazing Randi has the story.
Paul Constant has an enraged plea for excommunication in The Stranger. Constant writes: I demand to be excommunicated because I do not believe women are second-class citizens. I demand to be excommunicated because your missionaries are informing impoverished citizens of … Continue reading
An interesting development in the Babini affair is the content of the monsignor’s retraction. He denies having ever said anything anti-Semitic. “Certain words have been attributed to me which I never said…about my brothers the Jews.” There is fuzziness surrounding … Continue reading
It just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser. After Father Cantalamessa’s embarassing blather about the Church being the victim of anti-Semitism, now it’s Monsignor Babini of Grosseto’s turn to make the Vatican turn red. In an interview with the medieval website … Continue reading