Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- USA here I come. 8 hours ago
- RT @MichaelShuval: IDF: A rocket just hit an open area in Jerusalem. Altogether, about 50 rockets were launched at Israel since the ceasefi… 17 hours ago
- @randallr01 I am not disagreeing with you. I was just relating what had been said to me. 17 hours ago
- Renzi a Bagdad? Mandiamoci @ale_dibattista! 21 hours ago
- RT @mikejgr: WHERE are the damned protests? Europe? US? Arab world? where? RT “@angry_vet_: Women being sold in Mosul, Iraq.. http://t.co/… 1 day ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: August 2010
I’ve been reading Death by Black Hole, Neil deGrasse Tyson’s witty and informative collection of essays on the cosmos. Today I came across an essay entitled “Coming Attractions” in the section appropriately called When the universe turns bad. The essay … Continue reading
Jonathan Richman gets inside the mind of a three year old (anyone know where the hyphen goes?) and tells us what he finds. Melissa is almost three weeks old, but I think much of this song holds true nonetheless. Especially … Continue reading
It should be no surprise to anyone who reads this blog that I am obsessing over children now; that just kind of happens unexpectedly when you become a parent. Of course, it’s a bit early to start obsessing over what … Continue reading
The Center for Inquiry has released a statement on the controversial Cordoba House, aka GZM, in lower Manhattan. The CFI take on things cuts the whole matter down to size: the real problem is religious faith, not which religious faith. … Continue reading
While I was busy dealing with the first two weeks of fatherhood, I was also trying to follow the bizzarre “debate” over the GZM, or Ground Zero Mosque. A friend, whom I disagree with at times on this blog, put … Continue reading
Here is Dawkins rebuking Tyson’s rebuke (2006), courtesy of Meming of Life. Sometimes I, too, wonder if I’m too harsh. Nahhh!
Oh shit this is fucking us.
The first week of fatherhood is making me feel like Major Tom, floating around in a tin can looking at Earth from above. It helps that the only cd we have in the car is David Bowie’s Greatest Hits 1969-74. … Continue reading