I’ve been reading Death by Black Hole, Neil deGrasse Tyson’s witty and informative collection of essays on the cosmos. Today I came across an essay entitled “Coming Attractions” in the section appropriately called When the universe turns bad. The essay details what will happen in 2036 if the asteroid Apophis (the Egyptian goddess of darkness and death) swings too close to Earth in 2029. It’s bad news, basically. Here is the essay; the talk below amends the Apophis portion and contains the really scary shit.
Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- Twilight on #crete instagram.com/p/rEK_b0oBok/ 8 hours ago
- D'accordo! RT @ssilvestori: Teaching your passions is the greatest job! #cooking #awaitingtable http://t.co/yNiPVAAfwE” 23 hours ago
- #Greek is an amazing language. If you pay attention you can increase yr vocab by thinking about root words in English and Italian. 23 hours ago
- Rainbow in the palms. #crete #greece instagram.com/p/rCnWBqIBrQ/ 23 hours ago
- I am a masochist - I just put my iPhone in #Greek (and I can't really read much Greek.) #itsallgreektome http://t.co/1Jl7c9HZuX 23 hours ago
Support this blog