Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- My wife photographing the Kretikos Pelagos (Cretan Sea). Poseidon was in a bad mood today. #crete… instagram.com/p/rKQI9UIBv2/ 11 hours ago
- A pertinent question: RT @CiFWatch: My evergreen tweet: Anyone seen pictures of #Hamas fighters in the past day (or any other day)? #Gaza 11 hours ago
- RT @yaacovlozowick: .@JeffreyHerf walks us thru the Hamas Charter & its roots. No, it's not abt settlements & no compromise is possible htt… 11 hours ago
- Now off to the pool... 13 hours ago
- It's lunacy to think #hamas is interested in anything other that perpetual war against #israel. #IsraelUnderFire 13 hours ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: February 2011
This book was just too cool not to share. We found it in the American Embassy in Rome. Omnomnom…
Nostalgia is never an entirely pleasant sensation, especially when you’re being nostalgic about the present. But this is what happens when you’re leaving a place you’ve lived for long enough to have developed a complex attitude to it. It happened … Continue reading
I don’t have a great deal of time this morning – or really any morning – to blog (thus, Twitter). So, to celebrate Charles Darwin’s 202nd birthday and his enduring contribution to modern creationism (anyway something about apes – I … Continue reading
Miseraestupendacittà took this photo. It’s a 2011 Mussolini calendar. Please, don’t touch. We all know how vain dictators are.
I’ve been ruffling through my bookshelves, preparing to box up my library (again!) for the impending move. It is at such times that I come across the most interesting passages. The following comes from Mark Twain’s Complete Humorous Sketches and … Continue reading
This weekend the 10:23 Challenge will be held across the world. That’s exciting, because any opportunity to poke a little fun at homeopathy is worth taking. I do it all the time, and the effects are strikingly similar to those of … Continue reading