Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- One day we'll tell ourselves we lived through one of the worst periods in modern history. We hope. 2 weeks ago
- @newsfromitaly I think it was a typo and they mean 2026. "Thirteen years" was the prediction. #stilltoolong 2 weeks ago
- @JasonEscape In Italian they say "calosce" and Yiddish uses "khaloshn." I used it yesterday. Great word. 3 weeks ago
- Wisdom! Rt @neiltyson: Advice to Students: When choosing a career, consider jobs where the idea of a vacation from it repulses you. 3 weeks ago
- I 5stellini mi fanno proprio ridere: mandano a fare in culo ai media e poi si lamentano che i media li ignorano.... fb.me/Cl1B2bJP 3 weeks ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: February 2011
This book was just too cool not to share. We found it in the American Embassy in Rome. Omnomnom…
Nostalgia is never an entirely pleasant sensation, especially when you’re being nostalgic about the present. But this is what happens when you’re leaving a place you’ve lived for long enough to have developed a complex attitude to it. It happened … Continue reading
I don’t have a great deal of time this morning – or really any morning – to blog (thus, Twitter). So, to celebrate Charles Darwin’s 202nd birthday and his enduring contribution to modern creationism (anyway something about apes – I … Continue reading
Miseraestupendacittà took this photo. It’s a 2011 Mussolini calendar. Please, don’t touch. We all know how vain dictators are.
I’ve been ruffling through my bookshelves, preparing to box up my library (again!) for the impending move. It is at such times that I come across the most interesting passages. The following comes from Mark Twain’s Complete Humorous Sketches and … Continue reading
This weekend the 10:23 Challenge will be held across the world. That’s exciting, because any opportunity to poke a little fun at homeopathy is worth taking. I do it all the time, and the effects are strikingly similar to those of … Continue reading