Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- I have to say the new bathrooms in #Fiumicino are a pleasant surprise. #italy #bathroomsigns instagram.com/p/qzdokuIBnM/ 10 hours ago
- RT @Ostrov_A: Some of the bastions of #humanrights judging #Israel at #UNHRC today: Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Pakistan, Turkey, Kuwait, C… 11 hours ago
- Creepy. RT @yiftahc: This is what happens to journalists in Gaza who report Hamas's cynical use of civilians http://t.co/9Nt7gHzfAo” 11 hours ago
- Evening poolside. #crete @ Marino's Beach instagram.com/p/qzarbMIBiu/ 11 hours ago
- Demilitarize Gaza? Not a bad idea. RT @Slate: Here's the only way to save the tragedy in Gaza: slate.me/1nSRpas” #bestofluck 13 hours ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Awesome evolution fish, via Twitter.
I still haven’t seen the controversial statue of Pope John Paul II at Rome’s Termini Station. Next week I’m taking a train in and hope to gawk at it as it deserves. Openly criticized across the political spectrum, on social … Continue reading
A quick post in response to James Wood’s recent piece in the New Yorker, “Secularism and its Discontents.” Wood misses no opportunity to take a swipe at “militant,” or “Darwinian” atheists (as he calls them) in his review of The … Continue reading
Poet Samuel Menashe died on August 22, 2011. He was a friend of mine in my New York days, and I’ll remember him fondly. He was a very old school kind of person. He lived alone in a walk-up apartment … Continue reading
Here’s my favorite Jewish atheist joke, c/o Leo Rosten: A brilliant young student goes to an old, learned rabbi and defiantly exclaims, “I must tell you the truth! I have become an apikoros. I no longer believe in God.” “And … Continue reading
I’m not so sure I’d go with calling this “blasphemous”, because the concept of blasphemy has become entirely meaningless to me. It certainly is excellent, though. Bravo, Ricky! Via Friendly Atheist.
Tim Farley has the scoop on the Mabus arrest. He was a notorious spammer who even spammed me on Twitter (I guess that means I’m a true skeptic now). He would spend hours at it. For example, on February 25th … Continue reading
When my mother in law decides it’s time to let us know her opinion, I try to restrain myself. Her latest op-ed began with the time-honored incipit, “Feel free to ignore me, but…” She then swiftly descended into a tirade … Continue reading