Here’s a video of today’s “protests” in Rome. There’s a pattern to these protests, which basically boils down to a group of masked marauders getting in the middle of things and burning shit, throwing rocks through storefront windows and antagonizing the police. This typically destroys whatever force or function the protest might have had to begin with. The result is that everyone blames everyone else for the riots for days and weeks afterwards. Nothing is ever resolved. They never make a point. It’s just photos and videos of idiots with scarves over their faces throwing Molotov cocktails at the cops while those who came to actually demonstrate are sent hightailing it over the nearest fence. So much for the constitutional right to a peaceful protest. Enjoy your gelato.
Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- One day we'll tell ourselves we lived through one of the worst periods in modern history. We hope. 2 weeks ago
- @newsfromitaly I think it was a typo and they mean 2026. "Thirteen years" was the prediction. #stilltoolong 2 weeks ago
- @JasonEscape In Italian they say "calosce" and Yiddish uses "khaloshn." I used it yesterday. Great word. 3 weeks ago
- Wisdom! Rt @neiltyson: Advice to Students: When choosing a career, consider jobs where the idea of a vacation from it repulses you. 3 weeks ago
- I 5stellini mi fanno proprio ridere: mandano a fare in culo ai media e poi si lamentano che i media li ignorano.... fb.me/Cl1B2bJP 3 weeks ago
Support this blog