Here’s a video of today’s “protests” in Rome. There’s a pattern to these protests, which basically boils down to a group of masked marauders getting in the middle of things and burning shit, throwing rocks through storefront windows and antagonizing the police. This typically destroys whatever force or function the protest might have had to begin with. The result is that everyone blames everyone else for the riots for days and weeks afterwards. Nothing is ever resolved. They never make a point. It’s just photos and videos of idiots with scarves over their faces throwing Molotov cocktails at the cops while those who came to actually demonstrate are sent hightailing it over the nearest fence. So much for the constitutional right to a peaceful protest. Enjoy your gelato.
Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- RT @ikonografer: "if you're a black #christian, you have a real short memory- Chris Rock #atheist #atheism #agnostic 18 hours ago
- @mcom76 RT @HarvardBiz: What leadership skills do you need the most? s.hbr.org/UBFt6c http://t.co/zFnJWaZOUO” 18 hours ago
- Flag. #crete @ Old Town, Rethymno, Crete instagram.com/p/rGzzUxIBtw/ 18 hours ago
- Church. #crete @ Old Town, Rethymno, Crete instagram.com/p/rGzhoooBtb/ 18 hours ago
- My phone is linguistically confused. Four languages onscreen at the same time. http://t.co/jV9IJQU3pn 19 hours ago
Support this blog