Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- @downatheel Greenpeace is an option only for 5 x 1000. The 8 x 1000 is the religious tax and you must choose a religious body. 2 hours ago
- RT @downatheel: It's tax time again. You don't have to give your donation part to the Catholic Church. Codice fiscale for Greenpeace is 970… 2 hours ago
- RT @yaacovlozowick: Israel's critics don't want a proportionate response. They want Israel not to respond blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges… 2 hours ago
- RT @JohnRentoul: RT of the Day @mwachtel: Definitive proof that you should have a 12 year-old proofread everything. http://t.co/1d6IqEJbyW 2 hours ago
- From where I lie. instagram.com/p/q4P24_oBth/ 2 hours ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Every time another Vatican scandal crops up in the news this song begins playing automatically in my head.
I’m reading an excellent book on critical thinking by Christopher DiCarlo called How to Be a Really Good Pain in the Ass. I heard an interview with him on Freethought Radio (I’m sensing a trend), and I thought I’d check it … Continue reading
Among of green stiff old bright broken branch come white sweet May again – William Carlos Williams
I just heard this song on a Freethought Radio podcast from a few weeks ago (I’m behind on my listening) and liked it immediately. I even like the lyrics, which remind me so much of the debates I have with … Continue reading
I love this song despite – or perhaps because of – its boozy Christian sentiment. It makes me feel like I just stumbled into an Oklahoma leather bar full of Jehovah’s Witnesses (or something). Here’s a lyric that makes me … Continue reading
There is a recent story in the NYT about child sexual abuse in the Hasidic community of Brooklyn. It seems that when parents of abused children – who were abused in places like the mikveh, or ritual bath-house, and in religious … Continue reading
Jesus and Mo. Ophelia. Lulz.