Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- Summer wreath. @ Town of Ashland, Virginia instagram.com/p/sC2PZBoBtn/ 38 minutes ago
- How does this happen?? #religion #ISIS #UK patheos.com/blogs/friendly… 13 hours ago
- Brooklyn Brown Ale, an olde favorite. #beer instagram.com/p/sBGa04oBo8/ 16 hours ago
- Sickening. RT @ynetnews: Images from Hamas execution in #Gaza of 18 collaborators http://t.co/UIpG52AC8B 17 hours ago
- RT @haaretzcom: 4-year-old boy was killed by mortars fired from a school used as UNRWA shelter for Gaza refugees, says IDF source http://t.… 17 hours ago
Support this blog
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Every time another Vatican scandal crops up in the news this song begins playing automatically in my head.
I’m reading an excellent book on critical thinking by Christopher DiCarlo called How to Be a Really Good Pain in the Ass. I heard an interview with him on Freethought Radio (I’m sensing a trend), and I thought I’d check it … Continue reading
Among of green stiff old bright broken branch come white sweet May again – William Carlos Williams
I just heard this song on a Freethought Radio podcast from a few weeks ago (I’m behind on my listening) and liked it immediately. I even like the lyrics, which remind me so much of the debates I have with … Continue reading
I love this song despite – or perhaps because of – its boozy Christian sentiment. It makes me feel like I just stumbled into an Oklahoma leather bar full of Jehovah’s Witnesses (or something). Here’s a lyric that makes me … Continue reading
There is a recent story in the NYT about child sexual abuse in the Hasidic community of Brooklyn. It seems that when parents of abused children – who were abused in places like the mikveh, or ritual bath-house, and in religious … Continue reading
Jesus and Mo. Ophelia. Lulz.