I’m reading an excellent book on critical thinking by Christopher DiCarlo called How to Be a Really Good Pain in the Ass. I heard an interview with him on Freethought Radio (I’m sensing a trend), and I thought I’d check it out. I didn’t find too much stuff online about the book, so I’m posting this talk. It’s pretty long, but it presents the main questions he raises in his book: How do humans go about investigating truth claims? What’s the difference between natural and supernatural worldviews? It’s top-notch skepticism and enjoyable reading. Check it out.
Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- One day we'll tell ourselves we lived through one of the worst periods in modern history. We hope. 2 weeks ago
- @newsfromitaly I think it was a typo and they mean 2026. "Thirteen years" was the prediction. #stilltoolong 2 weeks ago
- @JasonEscape In Italian they say "calosce" and Yiddish uses "khaloshn." I used it yesterday. Great word. 3 weeks ago
- Wisdom! Rt @neiltyson: Advice to Students: When choosing a career, consider jobs where the idea of a vacation from it repulses you. 3 weeks ago
- I 5stellini mi fanno proprio ridere: mandano a fare in culo ai media e poi si lamentano che i media li ignorano.... fb.me/Cl1B2bJP 3 weeks ago
Support this blog