Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- Pulled this off a tree in the middle of town. Sweet as honey. instagram.com/p/qwq_A0oBu7/ 4 hours ago
- I never fly from Fiumicino without remembering that it was once a target of Palestinian terrorism. 14 hours ago
- Whn ppl condemn Israel bombing population centers why don't they also condemn using pop centers as Hamas military bases? This is bias. 15 hours ago
- There are apparently over 400 wifi hotspots at Fiumicino and my iPhone can't find a single one that works. 15 hours ago
- @lisang NYT has published pieces by Hamas leaders before, if I remember correctly. 1 day ago
Support this blog
Category Archives: Pope and the Vatican
Every time another Vatican scandal crops up in the news this song begins playing automatically in my head.
I wanted to share this wonderful (and disheartening) cartoon. Anyone who has ever been to Italy has noticed that Catholic churches are far grander than any other structures. It’s no mystery that immense amounts of public money are funneled directly … Continue reading
The Vatican isn’t an actual country. It just plays one on television. Here you can see about 60% of it. The rest is the garden in the back. Average annual earnings of its citizens circa 400.000 euro. Enjoy your day.
It reminds me of Durban: a gathering of peace-minded folks from all over the globe getting together to discuss problems which afflict us all. But all they can talk about is Israel. The love-fest turns into a blood libel against the … Continue reading
Don’t expect to hear many voices pipe up in opposition to the pope’s visit to Assisi tomorrow. There will be no demonstrations, occupations or black bloc terror (thankfully not this last). Maybe in other countries, but not in Italy. Just … Continue reading
I found this right near the Vatican. Where else?
I still haven’t seen the controversial statue of Pope John Paul II at Rome’s Termini Station. Next week I’m taking a train in and hope to gawk at it as it deserves. Openly criticized across the political spectrum, on social … Continue reading
The pope, in his new book, apparently asserts that the Jews didn’t kill Jesus. So what? Who cares anymore? Are we really going to let the pope decide our opinion on such matters as, Are Jews intrinsically evil? That sounds … Continue reading
If I told you that Pius XII spent the war years peeking into a crystal ball or shuffling tarot cards in order to divine the future, you might say something like, “What a nutcase!” And you’d be right, I suspect. … Continue reading