Search the blog
Vorresti migliorare il tuo inglese?
- The weather in #umbria is atrocious for May, but at least no tornadoes hurricanes or blizzards. Just pesky rain. 4 hours ago
- @JeffAromaCucina sorry I never answered. Thanks! 4 hours ago
- @ABrushAbroad Still here! 3 days ago
- Mi chiedo perche' Sallusti sia SEMPRE presente su programmi tipo @PiazzapulitaLA7 #uffa 1 week ago
- RT @newsfromitaly: Old Italian scheming, dodgy, Italian politician Giulio Andreotti has died #Italy #news 2 weeks ago
Support this blog
Category Archives: Uncategorized
If you’re an atheist or freethinker and you want you be counted, please go to the Atheist Census website and register.
The UAAR has a new page featuring profiles of individual atheists on their website called “Ecco gli atei!” It was inspired directly by the FFRF’s “This is what an atheist looks like” campaign. My profile is up (in Italian). If … Continue reading
I recently started a group called Atheists Assisi on Facebook, that notorious maker and breaker of contemporary friendships. The group — the first and only one to my knowledge — is devoted to forging a community of atheists in the Assisi area. … Continue reading
The Freedom From Religion Foundation has a number of their billboards available on their website. Now that the holiday season has begun, I thought I’d post one of my favorites here. I’ve never really been a huge fan of December … Continue reading
Sometimes I wonder which is preferable: to live in a place like the US, where religious nuttiness is rampant among the population (and certainly not unknown among politicians), or a place like Italy, where the population is largely complacent and … Continue reading
Here’s a cartoon I drew in my notebook while waiting at the bus stop near the Vatican.
A quick post in response to James Wood’s recent piece in the New Yorker, “Secularism and its Discontents.” Wood misses no opportunity to take a swipe at “militant,” or “Darwinian” atheists (as he calls them) in his review of The … Continue reading